Dynamics 365, cloud-based solution fulfills the need for a CRM and ERP at one place. The solution built by Microsoft offers supreme flexibility and extensibility.
Adopting new technology is difficult initially but when the company tweaks and releases a newer and stable version it offers a pool of benefits. Same goes with the Dynamics 365.
As per Ben Hosking tweet, “ The future of Dynamics 365 projects will be defined by the people implementing them”
The world of IT is changing and we innovate constantly to drive growth. Dynamics professionals need to embrace new technologies and services and try to take advantage of them.
After separating CRM from Dynamics product, projects emerged and extended to enterprise projects that included legacy software, mobile applications, Azure and other services.
The new Dynamics 365 build project will be a combination of digital transformation, intelligence, and mobile applications.
SharePoint, on the other hand, handles keywords operation and help organizations in sharing and managing their documents. The best part is, the organization can do the management task from office OR Home OR mobile by using the SharePoint Development Services and tools.
The organizations using Dynamics 365 and SharePoint Online, may require to transfer the files from Dynamics to SharePoint or vice-versa. MS Flow an app provided by the Microsoft automates the task across the applications.
Many ready to use templates are provided which has events like create, update or delete triggered in the background.
The app easily synchronizes the data between Dynamics 365 and SharePoint online. The facilities of using/calling custom API services in the app MS Flow makes the task much easy for the business process.
How can you use the Threesome together (Dynamics 365, SharePoint Online and MS Flow)?
An official 365 license and services enabled on it are the main prerequisites to start with. Let’s create an MS Flow to understand the transfer.
An item created by the user in Dynamics 365 will automatically connect the entities in the SharePoint Document library.
You can perform the task by typing https://flow.microsoft.com in the browser.
- Select My Flows in the left menu
- Click on New and then Create:
- Then select create from the blank option.
- Now open the New Microsoft Flow screen.
- You can now update the title in the MS Flow screen as shown below:
- Select the Dynamics 365 option and all the triggers and the actions are shown in the Triggers tab that is related to Dynamics 365.
- From the dropdown, select Dynamics 365 organization name.
- It will open the entity names that are registered in the drop down. Select the one that is preferable.
- Click on “New Step” button to create the SharePoint action.
- This will open a window as given below:
- Now repeat the same above mentioned task for SharePoint. Select the SharePoint option and then click on Create item as shown below.
- After that, enter the Site URL and List name manually.
- Note: The account name and email id can be changed respectively if you want to select another company.
- Site address:
Choose the site where our document library is available. If not on the list, you can add it by selecting “Enter custom value” and then enter the URL manually.
Enter the URL with a resource identifier.
Now that MS Flow is ready for usage. Click on the Save button and get started.
- Site address:
You can open the Dynamics 365, click on the customer service. This will open a new window.
You can check My active accounts and then change any details if required.
Enter the details, click Save and close and get started.
- An item with the name inserted will be created in the SharePoint library as well.
Dynamics 365 with SharePoint offers robust security and access controls for apps and data that are built on cloud services. It has great potential to streamline the business. The task of syncing and copying is made much easier for SharePoint Development Company.