Power BI SharePoint has a critical role to play in assisting Microsoft users in seeing their data. It is a newly released technology specially designed for all Microsoft users. You can avail it for both desktop and online versions. Earlier, users were confined to static reports in the case of SharePoint. However, after the introduction of Power BI SharePoint, Microsoft now enables users to develop highly interactive dashboards programmed specially to showcase real-time data.
With the help of Power BI, users can even get to see the way the end-users are employing SharePoint portal. It also assists in creating sleek and customizable reports. Power BI enables users to share live dashboards with any member of the organization. This tool can be highly useful when it comes to swiftly fetch information from SharePoint, Excel, Salesforce, and different social networks.
All in all, it has got to be said that Power BI is going to be one of the most preferred choices when we talk about reporting tools as time goes by. This goes to show that SharePoint development services are going to be the much-preferred choices of companies moving forward.
In the forthcoming sections of this write-up, we will be focusing our attention on the different benefits of BI SharePoint and its installation process. We promise after reading this content piece; you will be in a far better position to take maximum benefit for team collaboration.
Let’s, first of all, look at the different benefits of integrating Power BI.
- The software is available freely, and you can avail of this version to create effortless and customizable dynamic reports. If you require, it is even possible to upgrade to the pro version after paying a minuscule amount. To comprehend the pro version in a better way, you can avail of the services of a reputed SharePoint development company to make the most out of it. However, we know for sure that the free version will be more than enough to assist you with your daily reports.
- You can select from more than 65 different sources of data the best way to integrate into your Power BI. You can even employ specific third-party tools like Google Analytics, SQL, Salesforce, etc. As the Power BI can affiliate the link with all primary data sources, your report can fetch and reflect the real-time data automatically. The program employs an automated refresh handle which can assist you in deriving up to date information from the sources mentioned in this point.
- There is no coding required to utilize this program. The reports generated on Power BI can be customized swiftly in such a way that you can effortlessly change the look and feel of it. You can even avail a functionality known as DAX basic operations. Here, it is possible to configure the data with the help of simple operations and essential Excel tools. This way, it is possible to get better flexibility. On top of that, it is even possible to create reports by employing pre-made visuals.
- Microsoft Group workspaces and Office 365 makes it effortless to share dashboards. This way, it is possible for you to share your dashboards to selected individuals from a specific team or everyone in the organization. All the individuals that are given the access will be able to view the dashboard on a simultaneous basis with the help of Microsoft Service page.
Here, you have it the benefits of BI SharePoint. This is the right time to hire a SharePoint developer for your specific business needs and develop a SharePoint app to ensure smooth team communication. In the next section, we will focus on the installation process of Power BI on your system.
Let’s get started with the steps.
- Commence the process by downloading the Power BI desktop version on the system. If you wish, it is even possible to download the Power BI online version.
- Once Power BI has been successfully installed, click on “Get Data” to import the complete information from SharePoint.
- Next, click on “More….” and try to locate SharePoint. Here, you will see three different types of SharePoint data connectors available: Folders, Online Lists, and regular lists. Select any of these and then add your SharePoint URL.
(Source : Community.powerbi.com)
- Then, on the left-hand side, select any given list or folder, and then click on “Load.”
(Source : Community.dynamcis.com)
- Once this is done, it will become possible for you to design your reports. You will have complete freedom to select from any of the accessible visualizations on Power BI.
- Next, after you are doing completing the report, hit the “Publish” button. Once you do this, you will get a prompt asking whether you wish to publish the report within your workspace or in your office group.
(Source : businessintelligenceinfo)
- Select either of the group to publish the report. However, once you hit the publish button, you will be asked to schedule the data refresh option. Now, employ the schedule refresh option to add in the number of times you want the data to get refreshed.
- To transform your report into a dashboard, simply click on the “Pin Live page” on your report. Then, you need to opt for the dashboard that you wish to display your report on. The options that you will get are an existing dashboard or a new one.
- Once you have done that, it is time to share your dashboard. This can be done by going to the “File” menu and then clicking on the “Publish to web” option. Next, Power BI will give you the code that you can directly paste into your blog or website. You can swiftly send this URL in the form of an email to your colleagues.
- In case you do not wish to publish your report on the web, it is even possible to embed the report on a portal or a site. Once you have done it, you will have to embed your report in SharePoint Online. Next, export it to either the Power BI desktop or PowerPoint.
Here, you have it a small glimpse of the benefits and installation process of BI SharePoint. If you are interested in developing a SharePoint app for your business, contact a professional SharePoint app development company today and keep your team communication seamless and effective for streamlined growth!